The Red Ribbon Walk & Run is Nine Circles’ largest annual fundraiser and awareness raising event. After almost two decades under the title of “AIDS Walk,” it was time to re-imagine and reinvent the event. HIV has come a long way in the past 17 years, and so have we! Join us on September 23, 2018 as we celebrate our transformation, raise funds, and spread awareness to decrease HIV stigma in our communities.
Sunday, September 23, 2018 | 9:30AM
Vimy Ridge Memorial Park
Portage Avenue and Home Street
WHAT: A 2km walk through West Broadway and a 5km run through Wolseley. Plus: music, entertainment, family play area, children’s bouncer, prizes and more in a beautiful park.
WHY: Donations and pledges support programs and services for people living with HIV/AIDS in Manitoba. Raising
awareness decreases HIV stigma in our communities.
- 9:30AM Registration opens
- 10:30AM Greetings & opening ceremonies
- 11:00AM Walk & Fun Run commences
- 11:30AM Post-Walk festivities & fun
Runner Fees: $35 includes a special Red Ribbon technical running shirt
Run Kit: Pick up at Running Room, Kenaston Village (1875 Grant Avenue) on Thursday, September 20, 2018 from 4:00–8:30PM. Run kits can also be picked up the morning of the event at the Registration Tent.
WALKERS: There are no registration fees to walk.
WHAT DOES THE RED RIBBON WALK & RUN SUPPORT?
The funds raised by the Red Ribbon Walk & Run help people access supports to ensure HIV will not prevent them from being able to live a full and meaningful life. Donations support programs and services that promote wellness, social connection, food security, economic participation and health equity, as well as projects that fight stigma and discrimination in our community.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- Register as a walker or runner and set up your online fundraising page
- Recruit your friends, family, coworkers and pets to create a team of any size
- pick a team name and register your team
- take things to the next level and come up with a team costume!
- View our team building tips for more ideas!
- Ask for pledges from your friends and family
- Make your own donation to pledge yourself or your team
- Join us at the park on event day and bring the donations you’ve collected!
HOW TO DONATE:
- Donate online
- Mail a cheque made out to Nine Circles Community Health Centre (705 Broadway, Winnipeg MB, R3G 0X2)
- Donate in person before the event at 705 Broadway, or at the event on September 23!