Volunteers are an integral part of the programs and services Nine Circles provides. As a volunteer, you will support people living with HIV and contribute to prevention and education work by helping out with events and activities.
Volunteering at Nine Circles provides an opportunity to:
- Share your existing skills
- Develop new skills and knowledge
- Participate in ongoing education and training
- Gain valuable work experience/references
- Get to know new people and communities
- Grow personally
- Share your life experience as an HIV+ person
Ready to share your skills? Volunteers generally support Nine Circles in the following roles:
Support us with various administrative tasks e.g. database entry, stuffing envelopes
Board of Directors
Play a key role in developing policies and procedures and ensuring the missions, values and purpose of Nine Circles are upheld. Find out more about the board at Nine Circles here.
Food Bank Support
Receive, sort and distribute food at Nine Circles’ weekly food bank.
Help and engage with clients during group/program activities. Assist Nine Circles Staff with preparation and clean up.
Special Events and Fundraising
Support event planning, and be a part of the volunteer team on event day. Participate in fundraising campaigns and encourage donations.
To volunteer your time:
- Download a Volunteer Application Package
- If you want an application mailed or emailed to you, contact the Community Engagement Coordinator.
- Complete the application and return it to us.
- We’ll contact you to set up an interview time.
Please note: We only do volunteer intake interviews at select times through the year, so there may be a waiting period between submitting your application and receiving an interview. We will confirm receipt of your application and will let you know when the next volunteer intake will occur.
Looking for other volunteer opportunities? Visit Volunteer Manitoba to see other volunteer positions in the community.