Photos by Leif Norman
Thank you to everyone who made the event a success!
A little rain couldn’t keep the community down! This year’s Scotiabank AIDS Walk happened on a rainy and cold Sunday on September 24, but the high spirits and support of the community kept us warm! We are grateful to all our sponsors, donors, participants, volunteers and contributors who supported the event, and especially the approximately 90 folks who came out to Central Park and hung out with us in the rain! While we had to shelve some of our planned activities because of the weather, the days was still a success.
Now that a couple weeks have passed and the totals have been tabulated, we’re happy to announce the event raised $19,000 through donations and sponsorships! That money will be used to support people living with HIV in Manitoba through programs and services that address harm reduction, “nothing about us, without us,” health equity & the social determinants of health.
Take a look back at the event:
- View photos by Leif Norman on our Facebook page
- Read a recap of the event by Nicolette Richardson
- Watch Nine Circles Executive Director Mike Payne on CTV Morning Live
Still want to make a donation?
Due to the weather, we did miss out on some of the donations that come in on event day, so if you were thinking about donating and haven’t gotten around to it yet, it’s not too late! The online donation portal is still open, or you can send a cheque to Nine Circles, 705 Broadway, Winnipeg, MB R3G 0X2. Cheques should be made out to Nine Circles Community Health Centre. Please don’t mail cash.
Still have cash/cheques to hand in?
- Please try to get that stuff into us as soon as possible.
- You can drop off donations in person at Nine Circles, Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm. Please ensure you have filled out all your donors’ information on a pledge form so they get tax receipts. If you don’t have one, you can download one here.
- You can also mail cheque donations to us at the address above. Thanks!
Congrats to our prize winners!
- Top fundraising Individual: Jim Kane
- Top fundraising Team: Raiders of the Lost Health Care System
- Best Costume: Kenny McNeil & Jesilo Bernard
- Sexual Health Spectacular draw: Vycki Atallah
- Social Media Prize: Lita Takeela
Thanks to our Sponsors:
Adam & Eve
All Star Collision
Banville & Jones Wine Co.
Les Carvell Contracting
Peg City Car Co-op
Thanks to our Contributors:
Industry Audio Productions
Joan Costalotsa/John Cardinal
Paula’s Face Painting
Party Works Interactive Games
Sisters in Spirit
United Way Winnipeg: Day of Caring
University of Manitoba JDC West Team
Thanks to our Supporters:
Assiniboine Park Conservancy
Confusion Corner Bar & Grill
Food Fare – Maryland
Nutty Club/ Scott-Bathgate Ltd.
Oak Hammock Marsh
Prairie Theatre Exchange
Royal Manitoba Theatre Centre
Safeway – Sargent
Sapphire Hair Lounge
Winnipeg Art Gallery