In early April, the Manitoba HIV Collective Impact Research-Evaluation-Action Network had a strong presence at the Canadian Association for HIV Research (CAHR) Conference in Montreal, with several of our members presenting papers. The following are the related Cascade Symposium, Community-Based Research and Clinical Research presentations from some of our members. It was great to catch up with Manitoba folks at the conference. Congratulations to everyone for great presentations. Paula Migliardi, of SERC, is planning to bring many of the presenters together for a discussion session about what they learned at CAHR in May 2017.
- Being Pragmatic in Getting to the 90-90-90 Targets in Canada: Stephanie Van Haute our new MB HIV Program Development Officer was part of the Friday Noon Cascade-related panel.
- Service Profile for Indigenous Women Living with HIV in Manitoba: An Environmental Scan: (CHIWOS–Canadian HIV Women’s Sexual and Reproductive Health Cohort Study) Adina Lakser, Laverne Gervais, Marissa Becker, Sharon Bruce
- Community Engagement Prior to Study Onset Improves the Research Guestion and Study Outcomes: Monika M. Kowatsch, Margaret Ormond, Geneviève Boily-Larouche, Julie Lajoie, John Wylie, Javier Mignone, Keith R. Fowke
- Closing the Gap on HIV Issues in Manitoba Through Collective Impact: Laurie Ringaert, Mike Payne, Linda Larcombe, Albert Mcleod, Gayle Restall, Carla Cochrane, Laverne Gervais, Shohan Isley, Tina Sorensen, Javier Mignone, Tammy Reimer, Genevieve Boily-Larouche.
- “How am I going to Love in this Country?” Stigma, Gender, Sexuality and Disclosure Among African Women Living with HIV in Winnipeg, MB Paula Migliardi, Simret Daniel, Pumulo Roddy, Javier Mignone.
- Adequacy of Cervical Cancer Screening in HIV Positive Women Living in Manitoba: Beverly Wudel, Vanessa Poliquin, Stella Leung, Souradet Shaw, Ken Kasper, Yoav Keynan, Laurie Ireland, Marissa Becker.
- Excess Burden of Infections Among HIV Positive Individuals Prior to HIV Diagnosis and Care: Souradet Y. Shaw, Leigh McClarty, Eve Cheuk, Laurie Ireland, Carla Loeppky, Yoav Keynan, Ken Kasper, Marissa Becker.