Sexual and Reproductive Health Awareness Week (SRH Week) 2019 is just around the corner! This year, it will take place from February 11-15 with the theme sexual health at all ages. This year’s campaign will address sexual health at different stages of life, from children and sex-positive parenting all the way to aging and sexuality. We deserve to be treated as the complex individuals that we are. This means recognizing that from beginning to end, we are sexual beings in need of accurate information about our sexual health.
Nine Circles will be sharing social media content on Twitter, Facebook & Instagram throughout the week and will be sharing content from SERC & Action Canada for Sexual Health & Rights. They’ll have blog posts written by community-based organizations, helpful information on sexual health throughout different phases of life, podcasts, a webinar, and more! Help us spread the word by sharing the content and adding your own using #SRHWeek.
Five Ways to participate in SRH Week
- Explore Nine Circles’ new website, Sex Friendly Manitoba! You’ve got questions? We’ve got answers about sexually transmitted infections, safer sex, transmission, testing, harm reduction and more, answered by health educators.
- On February 13th, 2:30-4:00PM, join Nine Circles for Everyday Sexual Health, an interactive, sex positive, harm reduction based workshop on sexual health and sexually transmitted infections! Phone a health educator at 204-940-6000 for more information.
- Attend a workshop or lunch & learn put on by SERC. Various dates and times in both Winnipeg & Brandon.
- Dance the night away at Sexual Du Voyageur at the Good Will Social Club on February 14 and stop by the Teen Talk table for safer sex supplies.
- Download the SRH Week Social Media Tool Kit for SRH Week themed profile pics, banners and pre-written tweets & Facebook posts.