FUNDRAISER: Nine Circles presents Crimson & Cocktails: A World AIDS Day Mixer. Proceeds support the Manitoba HIV Program.
Nine Circles invites you to mark World AIDS Day at downtown hot spot The Planit. Sip crimson cocktails, sample delicious appetizers and mingle with industry professionals, healthcare supporters and generous benefactors. All proceeds support the Manitoba HIV Program.
December 1, 2015
The Planit Restaurant & Lounge
285 Portage Ave
Tickets: $35 ($15 tax receipt)
Buy online: bit.ly/crimsoncocktails
Buy in person at 705 Broadway
More information: email@example.com
Nine Circles invites you to help spread the word about HIV in your health centre or community organization for a chance to win a Workplace Wellness Package!
1) Promote World AIDS Day and HIV prevention/education in your health centre or community organization the week of World AIDS Day or during the month of December by creating a display or hosting a promotional activity.
2) Take photos of your display or promotional activity. If you’re on social media, post the photos and tag them with #WorldAIDSDayMB. Then, email a screen shot to Nine Circles at firstname.lastname@example.org 5pm on Friday, December 18. If you aren’t on social media, simply email your best photos directly. The most creative and effective display or promotional activity will win!
3) If you confirm that you’re participating before December 1, Nine Circles will send you an electronic World AIDS Day starter kit, with resources, links to posters and other information to help you put together a great display/activity. A limited quantity of printed posters will be available upon request.
Workplace Wellness Package: includes your choice of a Coffee Machine or Soda Maker, a starter kit of tea/coffee pods or soda flavour mixes, office snacks/treats and stress relieving items.*
- We’re giving away two prizes: one for an organization/health centre within Winnipeg, and one outside of Winnipeg
- A creative display is always an effective way to get your message across, but if you’re interested in doing a promotional activity, ideas include: a lunch and learn session for staff, creating a World AIDS Day themed art project with your clients, putting out free condoms/resources, making and wearing red ribbons, etc.
- If you’d like us to help promote your activity, send us the details and we’ll share them online. We will also happily share World AIDS Day related content posted on social media. Nine Circles is on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- There are different themes you could base an HIV/World AIDS Day display around. Some examples: HIV Testing, myths and truths about HIV transmission, HIV stigma, HIV prevention
- If you’re looking for up to date, reliable HIV information, visitwww.CATIE.ca
*Prize package contents subject to change
On World AIDS Day, Nine Circles will also be:
- Giving out free condoms & resources at Portage Place from 11am-2pm on December 1st. Stop by and say hi! You’ll find us on the 2nd floor between the escalators.
- Providing free cookies & coffee for Nine Circles clients at 705 Broadway.
- Lighting up the skating rink at The Forks in red. Go for a skate and reflect on the day
- Lighting up displays in the windows of our building at 705 Broadway
- Holding a media event about HIV testing at 705 Broadway, encouraging the general public to make December the month they get tested for HIV
- Sending a letter to the provincial political parties to educate them on the realities of HIV in Manitoba, encourage them to mark World AIDS Day in the Legislature, and suggest they wear a red ribbon to raise awareness and commemorate those who have passed on.
Ka Ni Kanichihk, Two-Spirited People of Manitoba & the Canadian Aboriginal AIDS Network presents:
- Pipe Ceremony & Feast: An Aboriginal AIDS Awareness Week Event. Wednesday, December 2, 2015 10:30am-1pm. West End Commons, 641 St. Matthews Ave. Talk about HIV Testing, share stories about testing and why it’s important. Free.
- A Workshop on HIV Nondisclosure for Service Providers working with Immigrants & Refugees. Friday, December 4, 2015 1:30PM-3:30PM. SERC Winnipeg: 200-226 Osborne Street North. Register with Simret Daniel at 204-982-7816 or email@example.com or Drissa Dembele at (204) 940-3690 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Free.
- The Red Ball. Saturday, December 12, 2015. Club 200. $5 cover starts at 9pm, dancing until late. Proceeds support Nine Circles & people living with HIV in Manitoba. Info