This December 1st Marks World AIDS day and the start of Indigenous AIDs Awareness Week
Here is how you can get involved:
December 1st marks World AIDS Day and the beginning of Indigenous AIDS Awareness Week, an opportunity to reflect on the progress we’ve made in the fight against HIV, as well as the challenges that remain. We are continuing to see rising new HIV diagnosis across the province of Manitoba and HIV stigma still remaining to be an issue in our community
What can I do?: Good question! Here is how you can support the fight against HIV stigma and support the work that the founding agency work prior to and after the incorporation of Nine Circles Community Health Centre has been doing for over 30 years:
- Donate to Nine Circles Community Health Centre
- Donations support our peer groups and support programs, HI5 Fund, bi-monthly food bank, and drop-by harm reduction Pit Stop program.
- Donate your time to Nine Circles Community Health Centre as a volunteer
- Join our free Membership Program
- Start a fundraiser of your own in your business, organization, place of worship, or school by contacting CommunityEngagement@ninecircles.ca
- Ask your local representatives what their strategies are to support Manitobans living with HIV/AIDS
- Challenge stigma in your own communities: Many people fear what they do not understand. We offer free harm reduction-based, sexual health promotion, and education through our Health Educators! Call 204-940-6000 or visit our workshop list page here.
There are many ways to get involved and we thank each and every one of you for your support over the past +30 years as we continue the fight.
To Learn More about World AIDS Day and Indigenous AIDS Awareness Week
Learn more about World AIDS Day and Indigenous AIDS Awareness Week at: