Nine Circles operates from a harm reduction approach, empowering you to make informed choices
based on accurate information and a range of options without judgement. Harm reduction refers to
evidence-based research, policies, programmes and practices that aim to minimize negative health,
social and legal impacts associated with the stigma and criminalization of activities related to
sex and substance use.
The Pit Stop’s Harm Reduction Services
At Nine Circles, we offer these free services to anyone who needs them, including:
- Distribution of safer drug use supplies (including safer injection and safer crack use kits)
- Access to safe sex supplies
- Access to free take-home-naloxone for anyone at risk of an opioid overdose and training on how to use naloxone
- Practical supports to reduce harm and transmission of STBBIs
- Access to hygiene and menstrual items, footwear, wound care kits, food and beverages and seasonal items like toques, hats and baseball caps (supplies availability subject to change)
How To Access These Services
You can access any of these services at The Pit Stop (open 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday), located at our main reception desk. Anyone can come and refill and refuel for 15 minutes before heading to their next stop. Our friendly Health Educator Facilitators, Chris (he/him) and Tasha (she/her), will greet you and can offer referrals and helpful harm reduction advice. If you are looking for harm reduction supplies outside our hours or a map of where to dispose of used needles, please visit Street Connections.
Our clients and community members love our harm reduction services, especially The Pit Stop. Here are a few things our clients have said about our services.
“Y’all are always so nice and welcoming, and I love that there’s no judgement whatsoever. Thank you guys for doing this for the people who are in need of the supplies and other things you offer.”
“Thank you for your services they are greatly appreciated.”
“I love that this is a service in my community.”
How to Get Involved
Volunteer with the Pit Stop today! Sign up for this and all other Nine Circle’s opportunities by visiting our volunteer information page.